Tune in to Shades of Classics on Sunday, December 17 from 8 – 10 AM. A live telephone interview with the wonderful Canadian singer Susan Jacks will be featured. Susan is currently working on a Christmas album, and we may also feature one of the songs from this upcoming album.
Find out what’s on-air now, and what program’s up next, tomorrow, and beyond.
Find information, airtimes, and archives for all of our shows, and find shows by genre.
Latest News rss
Tune in to hear what’s new on CKUW!
- Medicine Wheel of Music has been extended by 30 minutes. Join hosts Tony and Jesse regularly on Sundays from 10 – 11:30 AM.
- Day for Night (formerly Near and Far) finds a new home on our schedule, now Wednesdays from 10:30 PM – Midnight. Similarly, the Exile Files now broadcasts on Thursdays from 10 – 11 AM
- This past Tuesday, In the Pocket aired its final episode after 10 years on the air! Thanks Kevin for all your hard work.
- For just over the last month, Flailing in a Time Warp has taken over the Wednesday evening 9–10 PM slot. Join Holly and Holly for a living room dance party!
- We thank our radio friends from Haines Junction, Yukon for all their good work on JAM Live! The show can still be heard online. Replacing JAM Live will be CKUSpeaks, a two-hour compilation of three original CKUW programs: MonkeySparrow, Eat Your Arts and Vegetables, and Wooden Spoons. Tune in Sunday mornings from 6-8 AM to hear those programs, repurposed for your Sunday listening enjoyment.
- Inner City Voices and Rogue Primate (Mondays from 5-5:30 PM and 5:30-6 PM, respectively) will soon begin an hourly biweekly alternation.
- Welcome Terry to People of Interest! Terry is a regular volunteer in CKUW’s music department, and is trying out on-air hosting on the Wednesday edition of People of Interest.
Per By-law 3(2):
TO: MEMBERS of the WINNIPEG CAMPUS/COMMUNITY RADIO SOCIETY INC. (WCCRS)
(operating radio station CKUW)
NOTICE OF 2017 ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
The Winnipeg Campus/Community Radio Society Inc. announces its 2017 annual general meeting:
DATE: Monday, December 11, 2017
TIME: 6:30 PM (sign-in at 6:00 PM)
LOCATION: University of Winnipeg – The Hive – Main floor Lockhart Hall (off Ellice Ave. entrance)
Our upcoming Student Radio Marathon is taking place on-air on Wednesday, November 8. Below is the schedule for the day’s programming. Enjoy! Check back here after the Marathon for the archived episodes.
6am – 7:30am : CKUW’s Volunteer Coordinator Ugonna will wake you up with 90 minutes of student focused programming.
7:30am – 8am : Rachel D will introduce you to SAS, Sociology Action Students – their group, goals, and mission.
8am – 8:30am : Laura S shares her experience as an adult returning to school through the PACE program. Featuring guest speaker Serge Sousa.
8:30am – 10am : Enjoy a bowl of Queerios in the morning! Alex, Jacob, and Eliza discuss their experiences growing up and living as LGBT, LGBT culture, Drag Queens, and more!
10am – 11am : Sean T and his teammates from the Wesmen Men’s Basketball team talk basketball for an hour.
11am – Noon : Femisphere’s Mahlet C curates an hour of empowering and awesome music.
Noon – 1pm : Chimsolum Chigbo DJs for your lunch hour.
1pm – 1:30pm : Brenden and Laura from the UWSA give you the low-down on campus happenings.
1:30pm – 3pm : Stories from TYP (Transition Year Program) – tune in to hear original narratives written by the students at the University of Winnipeg!
3pm – 4pm : Kristjanna spins some original selections for listening ears!
4pm – 5pm : Ebube E presents some of his original music, and other favourite tunes.
5pm – 6pm : The Uniter, the U of W’s student newspaper, will introduce you to some of their topics, contributors, and editors.
6pm – 6:30pm : Eric D programs 30 minutes of music based off of movie soundtracks.
6:30pm – 7:30pm : UW’s LGBTCentre gives you a preview of HomoHop!
7:30pm – 8:30pm : Emma N returns to our airwaves with a selection of great music.
8:30pm – 9pm : Jack B presents 30 minutes of music.
9pm – 10pm : Kyle L takes over the late eve with slick tunes.
10pm – 10:30pm : Ryan W brings you a special student-focused edition of Behind the Curtain,.
10:30pm – 11:30pm : Immanuel I talks student-budgeting and planning for success.